Project "Children in Nature"
Day Program at Wynne Farm
- Welcome snack; popcorn + cookie + drink.
- Talk about the importance of nature preservation, the mission of Wynne Farm.
- 30 min. documentary about deforestation and soil erosion in Haiti.
- Tour of Wynne Farm, including teaching of ecological farming, composting, flower production, water (drip) irrigation. With smaller children games are played.
- Horseback riding; each child gets to ride on a horse for 1 min.
- Visit of Rabbit Farm and (soon to come) Petting Zoo; the children can go inside and touch the animals, and learn about the animals from the caretakers.
- Learning how to make brickets from waste paper. The brickets are used to make fire, instead of charcoal or wood.
- Lunch: 1 big sandwich (baquette) + fresh fruit juice from the farm.
- Yoga session for children, spiritual formation.
- Closing ceremony and thoughts by teachers.
- $5/person, includes food, formation, entrance and guided tour.
- Min. 30 children + 2 teachers. Max. 60 children + 4 teachers.
- Yoga: $75
- Transport per 30 children: $150
- Horseback riding: $1/person
(Prices in USD)